Sunday, October 30, 2011

31 Days {Day 30} Looking For Peace?

I saw this quote and it struck me.

source

I've found that sometimes in my search for peace I have thought, 
If only I lived in a bigger, better home...had brand new clothes...went out to dinner whenever I wanted...jetted off on vacation whenever the moment presented itself....  
If only I had money to pay for whatever I wanted, even needed, whenever I wanted...
then, 
yes then, 
I'd have peace!

Well, I've found that a big problem with that way of thinking is, it sets you up for failure.
  It means that only when circumstances are favorable, you can have peace.
  It's a recipe for dissatisfaction and a lack of fulfillment.
And that's exactly what you get.
  Because you've handed over your peace to outside circumstances.
  Your peace therefore can only exist under certain, predetermined, perfect conditions.

Well, who wants that?
  Not me!

  So, instead of searching for peace in a new outfit, a magazine-worthy home, a yummy slice of double chocolate cake, or even a new spouse, let's take our lives and make them beautiful right where we are.
  Let's decide that our peace doesn't come in perfect circumstances or even a person, place or thing.
   Because let's face it, life isn't perfect...we get our feelings hurt, loved ones die, husbands lose jobs, babies are diagnosed with terminal disorders, and money runs out.
  And because of that and all the other less than perfect things that happen in this world, peace needs to come from within and it begins with a decision to receive supernatural grace.


Jesus said:  Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
(John 14:27)

So, I've decided to receive peace and give thanks, no matter the circumstance.
  To fix my thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable.
 To think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 
I desire, instead of looking for a beautiful life, to use the one I've been given and make it beautiful right where I'm at.


Ah, Peace...


Are you looking for a beautiful life or making one right where you are?





Have you missed a day in reading 31 Days of Seeking Peace in the Midst of the Mess ?  

If you aren't following Loving This Life yet, I’d love to invite you to do so. Simply click here or go to the side bar and click on join this site.  There are also options on the side bar to subscribe to receive posts in a reader or to sign up for email to have each post delivered to you right into your inbox.  

There are over 700 bloggers taking the challenge, along with me, to write about one topic for 31 days.

1 comments:

Krystina said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

YOU DO make life beautiful!! That first picture could not be a better desription of you. You bring peace where it's difficult to find; you bring joy when the mood is sullen; you bring life where all seems to be sucked into a vortex! I KNOW this is true b/c you have done these very things for me time and time again!! Love you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...