Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Love Came Down {Tuesdays Unwrapped}

source


What is it about Christmas time that has everyone talking about all they have to do?
I'm sure you've heard it and have maybe even said it yourself...


I have so much Christmas shopping yet to do.
 I need to get a tree.
 Can you believe it's only 19 days until Christmas?
I still have to bake cookies.
Should I send cards this year?
I wanted to have gifts and decorations made by now.
I have no idea what to get anyone.
I dread all the wrapping.
I need all new ornaments.
I have so much to do!



and on and on it goes...



It's so easy to get caught up in that.
 And if we're not careful we'll get carried away in that crazy current.
  Those words and the mindset they come out of is not the spirit of Christmas, but the spirit of the world.
  The spirit that says, do, do more, do it better, and keep on doing until you drop.


It's like Christmas is something I have to do instead of something that was done for me.  


    So, even though I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet.
 I need to get a tree.
 I can't believe it's only 19 days until Christmas.
I still have to bake cookies.
I decided not to send cards this year...well maybe just a few.
I wanted to have gifts and decorations made by now.
I have no idea what to get anyone.
I dread all the wrapping.
I'd love to have all new ornaments.
And, I have so. much. to. do!


 Today, I'm unwrapping the gift that is this moment.
  I'm taking time to quiet, enjoy and reflect upon the fact that Jesus came down from heaven, born in a manger, and wrapped in swaddling clothes to fulfill the Father's heart wish and bring us back to Him.


Love came down and rescued me.
I just simply need to receive.





Join me?
Take time to quiet, press play, and receive Love.



tuesdays unwrapped at cats
I'm sharing this gift over at Chatting at the Sky for Tuesdays Unwrapped. 

6 comments:

Dawn said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

yes, this time is a gift. as i hustle and bustle about, i enjoy the season. and remember that Christmas is the beginning :)

florida = no birch trees... and i love yours! what a beautiful photo!!

Callie Feyen said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love, "It's like Christmas is something I have to do instead of something that was done for me." What a beautiful statement.

I also love that photo of the birch trees. Gorgeous!

Nicki@DispensingMe said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This was so beautiful, every part! I did take the time to listen/watch, and so glad I did. I needed that. Thank you!

Stefanie Brown said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a beautiful reminder. It is way too easy to get caught up in the hurried moments of the season. Trying to intentionally slow down this year, enjoying the present moments I'm given ~ moments that will not come again.

Have a blessed day...

Alene said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you! Joining you to just be in the moment this day and season. Oh how I want that - the quiet, still, and precious moment with Jesus. Blessings.

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Really love that photo. If we could have that kind of view all the time, we might see life differently. Live it more simply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...