I love to read.
Now, that's not something I would have said of myself for most of my life, but a few years ago I discovered the joys of escaping into a book and I haven't looked back.
But, I haven't had the chance to read much lately, or should I say I haven't made it a priority over the past several months.
One of my goals for 2012 is to read more.
There are just so many good books out there, and hello, every time I go to the library I still can't believe that they let you just take a pile of books home for free for a few weeks!
Anyway, I was just thinking about this longing to read more when I came across The Nester's link-up today.
She shared her 2011 book list and what's on her shelf for 2012 and she's invited others to share their lists and link-up over at her space.
I don't know about you, but I love to check out other people's book lists so I can get some ideas of great reads for myself.
So, I decided to join in over at the Nesting Place with my book list, not anything earth shockingly exciting, but I did get some books read in 2011.
And I'm also going to be checking out the other lists and hopefully get a few ideas of great books to grab for 2012.
Here's my list of books read in 2011:
(not including the many I started and never finished)
1. Rekindled by Tamara Alexander
2. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
3. The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis
4. Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis
5. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis
6. The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis (in progress)
7. One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
8. Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes
9. Hinds' Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard
10. Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider
11. Natural Health Remedies by Dr. Janet Macarro
12. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (in progress)
I'm realizing as I compile this list that nearly half of them were read-alouds I did with my boys before bed time.
We started the Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis at the end of 2010 and in 2011 we completed books 3-5, book 6 is in progress. That just leaves book 7.
It's been a great series and the boys have really enjoyed it.
My favorite books on this list are Little Women and One Thousand Gifts.
I'd recommend them to everyone and I'd read them again and again.