Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Movies...What's Your Fav?

source

Last night we got our Christmas tree.  The boys have been anxiously waiting to go all week.  So, when I picked them up from school and let them know that tonight was the night, they were so excited.

So, after scoring quite a nice deal on a rather beautiful tree, we went home and I made pizzas while Daddy and the boys brought the tree in and got it situated in the tree stand.  Then we gathered in the living room with tv trays filled with cheese, mushroom and sausage pies to search for a Christmas movie on the telly.  We found "The Santa Clause" and my boys were in.  They saw it last year for the 1st time and loved it.  It's a cute, fun, family movie.

I love myself a good Christmas movie this time of the year.  "It's a Wonderful Life", "The Nativity Story", the multitude of lesser-known ones on Hallmark Channel...I'm a sucker for them all.
But my absolute favorite is "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney.

The costumes, the singing and dancing, the 1950s dialogue...love it!  My sister and I used to do the "Sisters" number after dinner in the living room.  To this day, we'll still belt out a few of the lines together whenever the mood hits.  
So much fun!

source

So I was wondering...what's your favorite Christmas movie?
  Drop a line in the comments, I'd love to hear it.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...