Friday, January 6, 2012

My Word for 2012

Welcome to Freedom Fridays!  If this is your first time here, scroll down to read week one, My Word of 2012 post.  Otherwise, here are the current links to the rest of the series...
source: createfindadmire.tumblr.com via lovingthislife on pinterest.com 


For the past few years I've chosen a word that spoke out what I wanted that year to be about; what I wanted to take in and have shape my life in that year.  So, 3 years ago I began the year with the word "Love."  The next year it was "Grace."  And last year it was "Balance."  

Now, some of those years I think I could do-over, but having that little word definitely gave me something to focus on, something to take in.

So, at the start of this new year, with 366 days stretched out before me, all full of possibility and waiting to be filled, I prayed and set my heart on finding it's purpose in 2012.   

There's just so much I want to see happen this year, yet so much uncertainty even in the now.  So much under the surface, waiting to bloom and so much ahead that looks different.   And as all of that swirled inside, unknown mixing with possibility, the word that just kept coming up was

Freedom!


And as I meditated on that word over these days, it has settled right in and it feels right.  It touches all that I want to see and it rattles the cage of insecurity and fear.

I want freedom!

Freedom in my mind.
Freedom from debt.
Freedom from stress.
Freedom from fear.
Freedom from clutter.
Freedom from the care of what others think.
Freedom to change.
Freedom to dream.
Freedom to create.
Freedom to live full of joy.
Freedom to be me.

I like all the possibility this word offers.


  Join me this year as I unwrap freedom for all it's worth and watch it break the chains of all that binds?
  I'll be sharing the journey here each Friday in 2012.


Freedom Fridays!
{that just came to me, corny as it is, but I'm going with it...
not even going to worry what you all might think and censor myself...
see, feeling free already!}


Do you have a word for 2012?
  If so, care to share in the comments?
I'd love to hear from you.


This post is linked up with The Lettered Cottage's Word of the Year Party.

4 comments:

Colleen said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Awesome! My word is JOY!!! Last year it was Hope! Freedom sounds good. I think I will take that too!

Maureen@Loving this Life said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Colleen
Good word Colleen! I'll take a little joy too. :)

thistlewoodfarm said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks so much for the inspiration! I am your next-door neighbor at Layla's party and I am glad I stopped by for a visit! I think this is one of my favorite words so far. Freedom is such an empowering word!

Unknown said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

ahhh, freedom-Following you from Layla's word party-Stop by for a visit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...