Friday, March 30, 2012

The Impossible Dream

via

Today I read a scripture passage that I've read before, but today it was as if I'd read it for the first time.
It's tells of Abraham and the faith he had when God told him, at nearly 100 years old, that he would father a child and that his descendants would be as many as the stars in the sky.
Here it is...

And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah’s womb. He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform.
Romans 4:19-21

A promise from God that could have tempted to be an impossible dream.
 Impossible, if Abraham was focused on how he was to 
accomplish it himself.

At times I have taken that temptation and run with it.
  I think of dreams I've had in the past that I knew were from God at the time they came.
  Those dreams from God are His promises.
Promises that I've sometimes deemed too impossible to realize because I can't figure it all out.
I think, How is this going to happen?
  What do I need to do to make it happen?
And I look at the circumstances.
Impossible.

So the dream gets lost.

Well, today while reading that scripture "for the first time", I see that I, like Abraham, don't need to do anything but believe that what God promises, He is able to perform.

Of course I have a part to play in prayerfully seeking Him for His plan and to obediently follow His lead, but He's the one doing the performing of the dream, not me.

What He promises, He is able to perform.
We just need to believe that He can do it.
Because, of course, nothing is impossible with God.


Dreaming an "impossible" dream?
Believe and find rest in the fact that the One who promised is also able to perform.  



Is this your first visit to Freedom Friday? 
We're embracing freedom each Friday here in 2012.
Click here for a list of the other posts in the series.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...