Friday, October 7, 2011

31 Days {Day 7} It's Gonna Be Worth It


I don't like thinking about time.
Ask anyone and they'll say that there never seems to be enough of it.  
But here lately I can't help but to think of it.
How fast it goes.  In the blink of an eye, the day is over, the week, the month, the year...gone so quickly.
And right now just talking about it I can't help but to have the lyrics to that  old Steve Miller Band song in my head...

Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin' 
into the future 

The reason I'm thinking of time so much lately?
Well, there's 3 actually...




My sweet boys.
My littlest one just started Kindergarten. 
{sigh} 

The other day I was taking a walk in the park and saw so many moms pushing babies in strollers.
 All of a sudden it hit me, that's not me anymore.  I'm in a different bracket now.  
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy, but at the same time I think where did the time go?




It doesn't seem that long ago that they were so little and we were celebrating our 1st Christmas as a family of 5.  
It's tempting to be weepy and long for the days when they were younger and needier.  It's tempting to go back and examine things and beat myself up for not being some crazy form of perfect.  And mourn the things I wanted to do with them, but didn't.

But, then I remember... 

Grace

And I realize that it's not too late. 

As we begin our 7th day of seeking peace in the midst of the mess, I wanted to encourage you and myself that although this takes time, this is worth it.
  
I'm reminded that my boys will benefit from having a mommy who knows how to live from a place of peace.  That taking time to be still before the Lord not only helps me, but it gives my boys a peaceful mommy.  That dealing with my thinking keeps me from passing down negative thought patterns to them.


So worth it.


  
If you're struggling with taking the time to seek peace in the midst of your mess, remember not only you, but the ones you love the most will benefit. 


Oh, and that Steve Miller song, here's the second verse...
I want to fly like an eagle 
To the sea 
Fly like an eagle 
Let my spirit carry me 
I want to fly like an eagle 
Till I'm free 
Oh, Lord, through the revolution 





Do you see it?
What the verse is saying?


{An eagle goes to the sea for sustenance.  They are fish eaters and the sea is the source.}


Want to soar?
Take time to get your sustenance from the Lord daily.
Then your spirit will be full and it will carry you...
right through the change.


Til you're free!



Isaiah 40:31  
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength;   
they shall mount up with wings as eagles; 
they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.





    Great song!
    Check it out here. 




    Have you missed a day in reading 31 Days of Seeking Peace in the Midst of the Mess ?  
    click here



    This post is also linked up with other moms who are growing godly men,


    If you aren't following  Loving This Life yet, I’d love to invite you to do so. Simply click here or go to the side bar and click on join this site.  There are also options on the side bar to subscribe to receive posts in a reader or to sign up for email to have each post delivered to you right into your inbox.  

    3 comments:

    Maureen@Loving this Life said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

    I've heard from a number of you that you're still having issues leaving a comment. I'm so sorry! I will work on it today to resolve. (aaahhh Blogger!)

    SparkN4Him said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

    Love, love, love! This is such an inspiration! And adorable pics of the boys. I love the beach photo.

    Krystina said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

    I remember that first Christmas!! I also remember dressing each of the boys in their Christmas PJs that year... soo many wonderful memories! I am sooo glad I've gotten to be a part of your precious family!! :)

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...