Wednesday, September 28, 2011

CL Fair finds


So, yesterday I told you about my trip to the Country Living Fair.  Click here to read about that. 
Well, today I'm showing you the things I came home with.

There's just a few to share.  I'm on a tight budget so most of what I gathered at the fair was tons of inspiration, which was well worth the trip.  But I did manage to come home with a few goodies.



This is a charm using an old Scrabble tile.  One side shows the game piece and the other side is "remade" with a beautiful crown on it.  It's made by The Scrabble Chick.  I popped it on a sterling silver chain I already had and am loving wearing such a unique piece.


And while I'm on the topic of Scrabble tiles...
I picked these up at one of the tents.  A couple of vendors were selling these, so I can't remember who I bought them from.  I just dug through the large bowl of tiles and pulled out enough to spell out names and words that mean something to me.  I may add them to frames and some mixed media art.


I have seen vintage blue mason jars on etsy and in magazines and have always loved them.  I'm partial to the sea blue color.  So when I saw these at the Hot House Market tent at excellent prices I snapped them up.  It's a good thing because just a bit later they were sold out.


I also picked up this vintage framed painting of Jesus overlooking Jerusalem from Urban Farmhouse.  I was drawn to the colors...again with the blue.  But I picked it up because I loved that He was watching and praying over the city.  I like to think that He is watching and praying over my city, so I had to get it.  I may spray paint the frame or go without it...we'll see.


My sister picked up this book and some fabric from Sis Boom to give to her about to be 7 year-old daughter for her birthday.  The designer was at the event signing books and doing a Q&A on the main stage.  She creates beautiful fabrics and home decor inspired by colors of the Carribean.  She shared about following your passion and being creative.  Good words!



So that's it for the Country Living Fair for me...until next year!
Hope you enjoyed.






0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...