Sunday, January 19, 2014

onward

In beginning again I come to the realization that everything that God has for me is ahead.  As I come back to what is in Him, and let go of my wandering ways, I look at now and I look up ahead…not behind.  I determine in my heart and set my face to not turn back.  Turning back would only cause me to lose more.  Lose time in wishing I hadn't screwed up…wishing I was further.  Behind is where the mess is and that mess can taunt me with a name-calling frenzy.  But that mess has been surrendered and forgiven.  Forgiven not because of me or anything I did, but forgiven because of Jesus and all that He has done. 
So I decide...shaky feet planted on the firm ground of the Word...I won't turn back.

  And with the wisdom of Paul, a man who could have been taunted up one-side and down the other for the mistakes in his past, it's what he says that beckons me forward….

But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Forgetting what's behind.

Pressing on.

On toward God's calling.

I tell myself I don't have to have to all figured out.  I just have to press on…keep my eyes on Jesus. And I see Him today in this word.  He beckons me forward and with a giant leap of faith I take my first steps and I'm not turning back!

Everything that He has for me is ahead. 



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...