Friday, March 9, 2012

You've Been Served!

Fear,

You ugly tormentor and hard driving slave master, it's time for you to go...time for you to die in this girl's life.  No more can you dictate the day.  No more can you wile away the darkened hours, keeping me awake with your lies.  

Fear, it's time for you to go.

No more will I succumb to your penetrating ways, to your evil forebodings.  You've decided the day for too long.  You've dictated the to-do's, the meditations of my heart, chosen the words choked out through tense lips.  You've resided in my body, tightening the muscles, wrenching the spine, locking the jaw, gripping my head like a vise, and stealing my breath away.

Fear, it's time for you to go.

Pack up your bags and fill them with your lies, your doubt, your anger, your cloud of despair, your broken promises, your lodged disappointments, your empty hope, your crushing shame, and your unrelenting control.  All these years we've spent together you think you've won, but you haven't.  The years will be redeemed and greater shall be my days.

But wait, one thing before you go...
This is my parting gift to you, a profession of who I am, a list so you won't forget, my declaration of independence, if you will.

And...
Therefore, fear, you are not a part of my natural makeup.  You are an imposter and I am hereby serving you notice to get off of my property!

Fear, it's time for you to go.


Don't bother coming 'round here no more!!

And by the way, it is not I who live but Christ who lives in me, so if you have any complaints, take it up with Him!

I'm not answering your calls anymore! 


Is this your first visit to Freedom Friday?
We're embracing freedom each Friday here in 2012.
Click here for a list of the other posts in the series.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...